Monday, August 15, 2016

Art Is Everywhere

I thought I would share some of the lobby art at the Renaissance Hotel in Chicago where we stayed for our girls trip.  Now, mind you, this is just art in the lobby; Chicago is filled to the brim with delightful art everywhere.

 

This tack art is probably 10 feet wide.  It consists of paint and




pencils with erasers.  How clever is that?

 

How about this 'map'?  From a little bit away the white fringe looks a bit like popcorn but when you get closer you see plastic



people walking.  Again, who thinks of this stuff?


This is the other side of the entrance wall.  It is crazy art and when you really look, almost half of the
painting is done on the spine of books.  Take a good look.  Amazing.

 

At the end of the hall there is no problem deciding which way you need to go to the ladies restroom and the mens.  I actually stood inside of one of these (can't remember which one) but my sister REFUSED to take my picture.  She is out of the will.

1 comment:

Robbie said...

Dang! I would loved to have seen you in one of those 'art' forms outside the restrooms!!! I would have posed with you! Love, love,love the art work! Fantastic!