Monday, August 29, 2016

Circular Abstractions


Ah!  The show was really something.  I am going to show you some of the quilts and if you want to see all of them, you can sign in or sign up to Dropbox  and view them to your hearts content.  Here is the link.

The parameters for the quilts were size, having to be between 75" on any one side to 84".    They had to have a bulls eye as it's theme with four quadrants (that was not necessarily adhered to, I can now see) and creativity and uniqueness was a front runner in creating the quilts.

There were 41 invitees and 51 quilts accepted into the show.  I will show you some.  Tell me what you think.




I will start with mine.  I elongated my conceptual vision of a bulls eye.  It was done in four sections as I can't quilt anything that large (75" X 79") with these hands.  I did it the way you quilt in sections and then sew together and close the opening up in the back using various methods.  It is also corded in black perle cotton.  I named it 'Orbicular I'.



I don't have the time right now to give you all the particulars on each of these few quilts




I managed to get photos taken of them but please get all the info you need by purchasing a catalog



at the Muskegon Museum of Art in Muskegon Michigan.  I believe they are

 

forty dollars and well worth that.  It is a coffee table book that



you and your friends will enjoy forever.  Gotta run.

 








 


 


2 comments:

Robbie said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! They are fab!! Thanks for sharing these! Will try the link later...

pam in sw florida said...

I got my book but I love hearing from you, a winner!