Friday, August 12, 2016

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun



The cording was almost finished yesterday on the Daisy Stripper.  It is a very tedious job and it makes me a bit nervous when I start the job; so much so that I can't even listen to my iPod!  Am I getting old?



This is as far as I got last night.  All the petals are outlined with black cording and I only have to finish the last three vertical stripes of yellow (I started it but got tired) orange and red.  It went together pretty fast.  I will finish it up this week.

I put off starting it because I wanted to wait and get the cording foot that I ordered on line.

 

This is it and it worked as promised but I couldn't see through it to see where I was sewing so it did me no good.  What a waste of $40!

 

I went back to the see through foot that I have always used in the past.

My sister and I are taking the train into the city for a girls sleepover.  We have things planned but weather might be our enemy so we may have to go to a museum, acquariam, art institute, or bar to wait out the rain.  Oh, and that would be such a nuisance!  Girls just wanna have fun, even if we have a walker to contend with!

2 comments:

Gayle from MI said...

I bought one and can't use it either. Bah!

Robbie said...

If I remember correctly, you have done this cording technique on other quilts and it is amazing how it makes a piece pop! This one is so cool!