Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Post Opening of Circular Abstractions



The catalogs for the show needed to be signed so we all met up with the curator (Nancy Crow) and
the Collections Manager for the Muskegon Museum of Art , Art Martin and piled in a classroom
to sign books.




It was lots of fun and a chance to get to rekindle friendships made at various times in the last twenty years.  The books traveled in a big U pattern and everyone signed their own pages.  I am a printer so I started that way but when I was creating a backlog, I changed to cursive and then after a hundred or so catalogs, I shortened Fitzsimmons to Fitz.  We ended up signing around 200 catalogs.



During the show's opening, we were asked to stand by our quilts to answer questions the visitors might have.  I seemed to stray a bit and I had to have my sister and my daughter and G to fill in standing every now and then.

My fifteen minutes has come and gone and when I really think about it, it was more like 11 minutes.  But then, who's counting?

2 comments:

Robbie said...

What a nice honor.....and so well deserved! Did I suck up enough?? HE HE HE

Gayle from MI said...

I saw some pictures of this on someone elses blog too! There was a greqt picture of your piece as well as one of your daughter and her hubby. Looked like fun. You definitely desreved to be in this show. With BOTH pieces.