Monday, August 22, 2016

Rolling Around



I decided to get off my rump yesterday after the kids left and make some food.  I first went to the store and got some wonton wrappers to finish up making the cheeseburger little egg rolls I made for the kids
visiting friends.  Those are finished and frozen already.  And I am way too lazy to go into the garage and into the freezer to photograph them.  You can visualize them.

After finishing them, I decided on a version of Valerie Bertinelli's southwestern egg rolls.  I used the usual ingredients and added ground beef (for G) and black olives (for me).



As is usual, I made way too much filling.  I finished off
48 big egg rolls and will probably do another 30 as wonton size.




The egg rolls took a half a cup of filling.



I covered them with beaten egg so that with baking them rather than frying them,

 

they would and did come out of the oven with a wonderful color.  And they were num!

4 comments:

SpikeMuffin said...

Lazy? Yeah, right!

SpikeMuffin said...

Lazy? Yeah, right!

Claudia said...

Those look amazing.

pam in sw florida said...

look yummy and baked. is there a recipe? I did not see one on Tommy Cooks