Wednesday, August 24, 2016

So Little Time

Today is a finish up day. I will complete the challenge quilt's facing and sleeve today. It will debut at the next Modern Quilt Guild I will be attending in Florida. It is to be a solid colored quilt of 25" on any side or smaller and it is to be based on a traditional block, but with a contemporary twist.

I also have to do a challenge with two fat quarters of Michael Miller fabric that I evidently signed up for for Modern. I have to have that done too, by September something. I will finish my bead work this weekend.

I have a quilt on the long arm that I almost got through the quilting without a hitch.  Almost.  Now I am spacing the ripping out of the error over a few days until my sis Mike comes tomorrow and helps me fix the mess.

I am assembling stuff to take to Florida.

I head to the Muskegon Museum of Modern Art tomorrow with my sister and my daughter and son in law, and of course G. We are to have lunch at a culinary school. I remember back when I did culinary school and the last class before graduation was working the lunch (and Saturday night) restaurant. It was tons of fun and I hope to get some fond remembrances from it.   Then there is a private showing of the show for the artists (41 in all but I have no idea how many will be attending; they are from all over). At four we will be in the classroom to sign books until the show opening at 5:30.

My quilting gang is coming on Friday for the weekend. Busy Busy!!!!

1 comment:

Robbie said...

You are one busy woman!!! Enjoy the day and show!!! Look forward to some good pics!!