Friday, August 19, 2016

Various Projects Ongoing

I started a challenge piece that I am doing for the Sarasota Modern Quilt Guild. I have it pieced and am in the process of quilting it. It is to join others at the viewing at our September Modern meeting. I will not show it until then. I plan on wrapping the quilting and facing up this weekend.   The kids will be here with friends but they are coming up for some social functions and I happily supply the hotel where they can stay, close to the happenings.

While watching the Olympics at night I have picked up 'Daisy Stripper' for a couple hours each night for the last three days. It is slow going but it is also fun.

 

My plan is to finish the green part this weekend and then spend the next month, at my leisure, doing the yellow part. I think I will section it off and try and do one section a day. This would have been a lot easier if it was small and not quilted and heavy to hold and balance. I should have figured out the center when it was just that, a center!

Don't forget to go and see 'Circular Abstractions' at the Muskegon Museum of Art starting Thursday of next week.  It will be there for three months and then travel to other venues throughout the next couple years.

2 comments:

Robbie said...

The beading is WONDERFUL!!!! So perfect for this piece!!!!! You go girl!

Gayle from MI said...

Great center!