Thursday, September 01, 2016

A Little Of This

I woke up to pretty cool weather. It is 55º right now in the great state of Indiana. I have golf in a couple hours and an trying to decide what to wear because it is not gonna hit 70º until afternoon. I have such problems, don't I?

 

My dog niece was here last weekend and I am constantly seeing her stretched out on a couch in the corner and looking just like this.  I did not turn her upside down; that's  how she 'curls up'.  What a hoot she is.  Both she and Bella will be ten this year.  In fact, today is September 1st.  G's birthday is Saturday and Bella's is Monday!!!



I find 'The Kitchen' show on Food Network very enlightening.  For instance, did you know that there are tabs on the end of the box that houses cling wrap, saran wrap, foil, etc, that keeps the roll in place so it doesn't come out of the box?  I checked my two drawers of such products and except for waxed paper, they all have the tabs.  Even freezer paper does.  Who knew?  Did you?



And another thing; you can freeze citrus, whole.  I tried it and took out a lime for my sisters
vodka and tonic and it was perfect.  I always buy too much, thinking that I will run out and never do.  I end up having to throw away the shriveled remains.  Not any more!!! When they are 12 for a buck, I'm buying 24!  I love a bargain.



Recently I was sitting at a bar having coffee (yes, you read that right, because it was 8 a.m.!) and the guy next to us was having, what I thought was a coke, and he asked the barkeep for some skim milk.  I thought that was odd and finally Mike asked if he always puts milk in his coke and he explained to us nosy nellies, that he was drinking iced coffee.  He also said that when he was a kid, he always mixed milk and soda.  I thought and thought about it and decided to give it a try.  First I put a thimble of skim milk (that's all we had) in a bottle of root beer.  It was wonderful, tasting like a root beer float and cutting out the sharpness of the drink.  I then tried it in a diet coke and same result.  Lastly, yesterday I tried it in Stewart's diet Cream Orange and again it tasted smashing.  It did curdle a little bit but I was drinking it out of a straw and you couldn't tell at all, but I could see it because I had to pour the bottle into a glass with a lid in order to  add the thimble full of milk in and shake it.  Try it!  You'll like it!

2 comments:

Marybeth said...

When I was a teenager the biggest treat we could get was a "vanilla cream coke".... vanilla syrup gently stirred into coke with cream floating on top served in a glass. It cost 20cents when just a coke was .10. This was at the ice cream parlor

Claudia said...

Can't wait to see my 4 legged nieces this weekend.