Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Let's Create Art!

We had a hoot yesterday afternoon at one of those painting parties.  A bunch of us got together, with wine and nibbles and set off to make the worlds most beautiful vase of lilacs.



This was what I selected for us all to make.  We have already picked out the one we
want to do next; an abstract, that is much more forgiving.



We started out filling in the background.




We then, after painting the vase, started to add conical shapes of eggplant color.


 

At this stage my painting looked like it wanted to turn into dreadlocks.




This is Linda's and Patti's.



This was my work station.  I know, a little messy.



And here we are, all finished and looking pretty similar.  It was great fun.

4 comments:

Mike said...

I went to a painting party on Sunday night. We had a great time.

Robbie said...

Nice job, ladies!

Claudia said...

I'm going in October. Can't wait.

Gayle from MI said...

I've been to four of these. The local homeless coalition sponsors them and we have done it twice through work. Definitely depends on the teacher. I have liked them all but one. Yiurs are great! I had to put my first two away and them haul them out a few months later to like them. Just a fun time!