Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Pre Thanksgiving Planning





Well, it's that time of year again.  Only this year, for the first time, I will not be celebrating Thanksgiving in Illinois.  We have decided to stay in Florida for Thanksgiving and return north well in time for Christmas festivities.

A bunch of friends are getting together and splitting up the meal to a manageable job.  I opted for the turkey and gravy and a green vegetable.  I got an 18.4 pound fresh Butterball.



I have decided once again to use The Food Network Magazine as a jumping off place for using a new method of roasting the turkey. 



I also am going to use their brussels sprouts recipe for my side. The gravy is a little harder to reinvent so I will make it as I always do on Thanksgiving because that is always my job!

4 comments:

SpikeMuffin said...

We went Butterball too. Couldn't see spending $90 for a turkey!

Robbie said...

I'm still old fashion and other than buying Butterball which I always do...I use those cooking bags!! Always have a tender, juicy turkey and it's done! Nothing worse than 'thinking' that bird is cooked and seeing 'red'...I have a fetish about my chicken being cooked through too! Happy Thanksgiving!!! Enjoy the warm weather...it was 22 degrees last night and our power went out for 4 hours! Thank goodness for the fireplace...we put all 'food stuff in coolers out on the deck! HA

Gayle from MI said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Claudia said...

Turkey, dressing, gravy, the usual. Then I'm doing eggplant parm and browned butter Brussels sprouts