Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Bitter Almond

Dear Tommy,

Thank you for lending your artwork to the 25th Anniversary Trunk Show. This traveling exhibition has now come to an end. Over the past three years, eight different trunks with a combined 407 pieces of artwork traveled to seven countries around the world!

Your piece was previously selected by jurors B. J. Adams and Trudi Van Dyke to become a permanent part of the collection of the National Quilt Museum in Paducah, Kentucky. Congratulations! SAQA

I looked for the photo of the quilt, which I know I have, but with my photos all a jumble, I feel like more than a half hour scouring the pictures, is enough, especially at holiday time.

 

This is the pattern that Anne and I started this past weekend.



I completed my 36-16 patch blocks.  Half of them stay untouched and the other half get crosscut.



The pattern calls for four crosscuts in the 18 blocks but, I being the type to not follow instructions, I decided to mix it up and do some with 2 crosscuts, some with 3 and the rest with four.  I did one to see if one crosscut would be fine, but it was a little lonely.  I will work on it more today, in between making four cakes for work, and running errands.

5 comments:

Robin Walston said...

Wow! Congratulations on having a piece in the quilt museum.

Robbie said...

What an honor for your quilt and your work! Congrats!! Kinda liking that patchwork piece! Pretty cool!

Gayle from MI said...

Congratulations! That is quite an honor indeed!

Linda Playter said...

Congratulations. You should be very proud of your accomplishment.

Maggie (daughter) said...

So awesome! Well done!