Saturday, December 24, 2016

Christmas Eve!

Happy Christmas Eve!!! I am in super mode, cooking and baking up a storm. This dessert, called a Coconut Cream and Fruit Cake, was made by my daughter this summer and because I picked peaches and froze them sliced, I decided to use them in the dessert to take to G's sisters house tonight.

The base of the cake is a layer of eggs and sugar mixed well and then a little under 5 cups of finely grated unsweetened coconut .  No flour at all.  The base is poured onto a half sheet pan and baked.  I don't know why there are those circles in the base, because I didn't do anything to get them.



The first circle of coconut goes into a springform followed by whipped cream, sugar and peaches.  Another layer of coconut base (this one is pieced) and another layer of cream and peaches.  This is covered completely with plastic wrap and left for a couple days.  It looks great when it the pan comes off.

I'm taking chicken pesto pasta and asparagus for about 40 people.  It will be a fun time to be had by all!

3 comments:

Tee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gayle from MI said...

All soinds yummy! Merry Christmas to you and your family!