Saturday, December 03, 2016

Home Again

I have been a very bad blogger for a good month.  I could make one excuse after another but the bottom line is, other things became more important and I lack the fortitude to solve all problems with it.  Most of the issues are useable, if totally different than before.  Baby steps.

We are back in the north country.  It is very hard to come from 80º weather every stinking day to blustery 40º or less.  My hands take the largest toll.  Arthritis doesn't like cold weather, that's for sure.




We have a beautiful beach back.  The fall tides bring lots of itty bitty stones up from the bottom of the lake but they don't seem to bother Bella.  She loves to run on the beach.  But, being a snowbird herself, she runs quickly and then heads home to the warmth of the house.



My herb garden hasn't been suffering in the front garden because it is sheltered.  This mound of parsley is about 4 feet wide and 4 feet tall!  The sage, thyme, rosemary and oregano are still doing very well.  My Christmas meal always calls for lots of fresh herbs and I am gonna cross my fingers that it lasts that long.  Even if it doesn't I am gonna harvest lots of herbs and dry them out myself to replenish last years dried herbs.

 

I just came in from doing the five pots in the front of the house with all sorts of evergreens and holly, along with a bit of Hobby Lobby bling, just for color.  I needed to do that pronto because the soil freezes and I can't push through to make the greens stay in place.

I just titled this blog and realized that what was once always 'home' is switching a bit, now that I reside in Florida much more than I do in the north.  But then,  home is also where the kids are, for now at least.

1 comment:

Robbie said...

Glad you made it home safe and sound.....you are right about the cold and our joints/bones....I just told hubby I am finally feeling my age...but I think it's just the cold...joints/RA/entire immune system is crap!! UGH...