Monday, January 09, 2017

Cleaning Up

Well, the mystery of why my cleaning gal would not call me back to let me know why she wasn't showing up (asshole) was just solved. My friend Kathy, who also uses her, found out today that she wasn't sick as she said, but has already moved to Arizona to get away from her boyfriends drug connection that he owes money to and also that her boyfriend is in jail because of her. Wow, I guess she did me a favor, getting out of dodge! Thankfully I interviewed last week and have a new gal starting this week. You just never know. Supposedly she left town with her three kids and left the house, not packing up or anything.


I have been getting quilt entries ready for our Friendship Knot Quilters Guild Show that takes place on the 3rd and 4th of March at Robarts Arena in Sarasota.

That entails filling out duplicate entry forms with duplicate photos to be sent in by next week. I am almost done with that portion of my quilt show activities.

I am putting together a wine basket for the basket auctions at the quilt show.  My bee, River Quilters, is putting together a basket of paper and my cards

 

should fit in it nicely, along with writing utensils and other 'paper' coordinated things.

I am also contributing my time at the basket auction section itself during the show.  That should be fun.  I will have my sis and my quilters visiting her so they can accompany me to the show and go off on their own when I have to put in my time, which I can't remember how long it is.

2 comments:

Gayle from MI said...

Every time I think about having someone clean my house I hear stuff like this. How does one decide who is good or not?

Robbie said...

I'd just be worried about this one having a key to my house! Yikes!