Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Hanging Around

Yesterday just got away from me. I had the best of intentions and all of a sudden it was seven p.m. Wow. What happens to a whole day?

We did a lot of stuff, being it is one of the few days that G isn't golfing, but nothing that I can hold in my hand. I have nothing to show for it.

Monday, I decided to start to think about hanging a few pictures, etc, on the wall. The main reason for this is that I have cleaning people coming today and I figured if all the art was propped up against the walls, the floors would not be effectively cleaned. So the hanging started, only to be constantly interrupted by second guessing myself. I try not to be matchy matchy but sometimes my subconscious just wants me there.

 
People are always commenting on the fact that there is hardly anything in the house hanging that I personally did.  So, here goes.  I hung  this in the guest room.



I used the sewing machine needle with a bead




in each corner


It is much cleaner than the normal methods of hanging a quilt

 

with little or no damage to both the quilt and the walls.

I am gonna go through some of the quilts I have here and possibly hang another one.  We shall see.

2 comments:

Corky said...

I use sewing machine needles as well, but had never thought about a decorative bead. Great idea. I will have to steal it.

Susan Turney said...

So clever. Another way to hang quilts is Melody's. She uses those 3M Velcro things that leave no marks and hang flat. I'm sure they're on her blog.