Saturday, February 18, 2017

Modern Flair

My darling daughter is over the moon today. It is the 18th of February and it is 70º in Chicago!!! And fancy that, we got rain today which at this time of year is pretty rare.


I got home from Modern Quilt Guild a while ago and was scouring my new studio for an acetate of the daisy I have been working on because my friend Linda needs it. I just found it and thought I would take a break and show you some show stoppers at show and tell at Modern.

 

This is an example of next months challenge, which is taking a part of a modern quilt and changing it up to make it your own.  This gal can't be at the meeting next month so she showed her quilt early.  It's quite lovely.

This was started in a class taught by one of our members.  It takes a partial part of a favorite



fabric and then extending out from the fabric to add to it to make a lovely quilt.  It was very successful.


 

The arrow is cute but I took the photo to show the amazing free motion quilting.  I believe you can click on the photo to make it bigger, or at least you used to be able to do that.

Nice work ladies!

No comments: