Friday, February 17, 2017

Quilts Everywhere!

This was the first day of the quilt drop-off, as we get ready for our Quilt Show on March 3rd and 4th at the Robarts Arena in Sarasota.  I signed up to work today because I have Modern Quilt Guild tomorrow.



We take the quilts from the quilters and check the front and back for any problems that we can point out to the owner (lose seam, color bleeding, animal hair or smell).  The paper work is attached and the quilt gets a place to go to get a quilt number and a location throughout the house of the gal who donated her house for this.



They started in the living room, and then the dining room table and floor, and then to bedrooms.  We received over a hundred quilts today.



I came home to cutting out strips for six lap quilts that will be for the lanai to cosy up to when there is a chill in the air.  I will also work on this tomorrow between the small program Modern is having in the morning with time to kill before the 2 p.m. meeting.  It's definitely a quilting weekend.

1 comment:

Robbie said...

Idle hands are the devil's workshop....or something like that! My aunt would repeat this to me...but guess you aren't working in the devil's workshop! I thought I was busy but you have me beat!