Friday, March 03, 2017

Mardi Gras In Florida

My sister Mike, my friend Linda and I took a break from quilting yesterday for a couple hours to attend the March Cause A Stir Kitchen Club.  Suzanne, who was our hostess, is pictured here.




She hails from Mississippi and knows her way around a Mardi Gras gathering so that is what she prepared for us for her yearly obligation for Cause.



I didn't take a picture of the bowl of beads but there were LOTS.  Suzanne said her husband chased around after little kids in Mississippi to take away their beads.  She also had dozens of these masks.



I liked them all but I have one very favorite.

 

Suzanne had so many masks that it was hard to make them all out, as they were stuck everywhere.




This one reminds me of a bird.  I know, I'm brilliant.

 

This is my favorite.  My new favorite color is aqua to turquoise.



This was the the flaming of the rum sauce for the Bananas Foster.  We also had muffuletta sandwiches and Chicken Gumbo.  Yum.

2 comments:

Robbie said...

And you always have a good time!

Gayle from MI said...

Looks like fun! That color has always been a fave of mine. So happy to see you enjoying your community there.