Wednesday, March 29, 2017

'The Reflection'



So here it is.  The thorn in my side for at least a month.  I have named it 'The Reflection' because that is what it is based on; the reflection on the bottom of the daisy.  It is about sixty inches square, has more than one hundred hand appliquéd circles on it and is now in the process of getting faced.  I don't really like it but I have way too much work in it to not finish it.  I envisioned something that looked, in my minds eye,  a whole lot better.  Ah.....

I am gathering up stuff to take to work on at a four day guild retreat that starts tomorrow.  I also have another four day retreat for the Modern guild next week.  This year we are not doing the sleepover as the place is so close that we would rather go home in our own beds to sleep.  I have lots of things to bring.  Some stuff will be started, other stuff worked on, and other stuff finished.  I plan on getting a lot accomplished.

1 comment:

Robbie said...

OK....only your BFF would make this comment! I appreciate and can appreciate ALL the work you put into this for sure! It's really cool...but I don't think folks who don't or haven't seen your other flower piece will appreciate the work/effort you put into this. I think it's a great piece...hope others feel the same way!