Wednesday, April 05, 2017

Doing The Sewing Myself



I had to change all my plans as far as using the new machine on my black quiltlets.   The machine can't handle the density of the quiltlets overlapping.  Best laid plans and all that.




So then I had to think up a plan B.  I decided to split the pattern into four parts and using a large sewing machine needle I went over all the petal lines  so that I could mark them with miracle chalk.



Here is a quarter of the chalk marking.  I decided to do the sashiko by hand.  I only wanted part of the design at one time, so that I didn't wear off some of the chalk.

 

I needed to make sure that all four parts fit in together well.



Here is a quarter of of the flower completed.  Now on to more.