Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Sashiko Machine

While I was at the Savannah quilt show I ran across this baby lock

 

Sashiko sewing machine.  It does nothing but do a stitch (various lengths and spacing between stitches) that looks just



like a hand quilt stitch.  Of course I had to have it.  It has no top thread and just uses the bobbin thread.

At the last retreat I made 25 little black kona cotton quilts and sewed them





all together to make the background for a sashiko daisy quilt to join the other flower quilts I have made.   I spent most of yesterday getting familiar with the new machine.



I chose a pattern I had already used and made a stencil of part of it by sewing the outline with a large sewing machine needle so I would have holes big enough to accept dressmakers chalk.  That's where I am at now.









No comments: