Monday, May 01, 2017

La List

I have exactly three weeks left in Florida until I head north for the summer. I have a lot on my calendar, socially, and things to do that may be a bit of drudgery but I have to do it none the less. The list of to do's is written and I love to cross things off the list.

At Friday's happy hour we went to a mediterranean restaurant and Patti had this amazing tomato garlic shrimp with crostini.  I decided to try and make it on my own and came up with a good imposter.

   

I got lots of minced garlic in hot olive oil with the shrimp and a splash of white wine. Shrimp came out after a couple minutes and I threw in a couple diced tomatoes, a splash more of oil and added oregano (dry) and basil (fresh).  This melted down for about 10 minutes and then I threw in the shrimp (cut up) and 6 oz. of feta. S & P to taste. That all melded together to get this photo of the concoction.  It tasted, if not identical,  then just as good.  It also made a very nice dinner.  I added  rice and frozen corn and Gordon had a delightful meal.  I chose to eat it with out the rice.

Also on my list are things that need to be finished up.  I started with this baby sweater

 

and finally added the ribbon closures.  One down, twenty two to go.

2 comments:

maggie z. said...

always inspiring me tp try something new...love the shrimp toast crostini idea! sweater is beautiful...man..you are a busy bee!!!

Robbie said...

sweater is adorable!!! So very pretty!