Monday, May 22, 2017

The Party In Pictures


My going away party was lots of fun.  Here we have Kathy trying to open a bottle of wine with an unfamiliar cork screw.  She finally got it to work.  Perseverance is the key; and a need for a glass of wine!!



I forgot to take a picture of the punch bowl full (well, full at the start of the get together!) of Cosmos.

 

These are my brie puffs.



Asiago filled fingerling potatoes are so damn cute!

 

Shrimp crostini was the bomb.



Melon with a center of balsamic glaze was perfect for the picky stomach and the dieter.  Gotta think of those gals too!



Also the cucumber soup was very lo cal with no cream or any dairy, except plain greek yogurt and lots of veg.

 

Now then, the bacon bread is not for the lo cal diet!



Nor were Linda's desserts!  The top one was rum chata cheesecake, then the brownie truffles and the bottom was the strawberry shortcake cookies.



My itty bitty cheeseburgers are always the biggest hit!

 

This is the loaded potato dip with waffle fries to dip with.



This is the topping laden queso fundido that was served with tortilla chips.

I missed capturing a few app photos, either for my gabbing continuously or the speed at which they disappeared fro the plate.

It was a grand 'get out of dodge' sendoff.  Now it is time to pack up what I need to take north for the summer!

4 comments:

Susan Turney said...

Yum! Now I'm so hungry!

Robbie said...

Great buffet!!! Have a safe trip home!!

Gayle from MI said...

Safe travels! Looks like a fun send off.

maggie z. said...

damn girl, these posts always make me hungry!!!