Tuesday, June 13, 2017

The Next Day

Peggy didn't let any dust settle when she got home from the weekend at my house.


Before I managed to vacuum up a few sewing threads from the eggplant carpeting she had already gotten home and finished up the baby quilt top, except for the border, which takes a minute.  That is, for her anyway!  Isn't it darling?

Anne, one of my friends visiting this past weekend has recently moved and in her new house she si contracting for an island in her kitchen.  I suggested that she put a knife slit or two on the island.



It is far handier than a block that takes up tons of room or a drawer of knives, that can be dangerous.


I have two different sizes of slits; one for steak sized knives and the larger one for chef knives and all the large blade ones. You can build a cage (easily out of chicken wire or something similar) on the under side of the counter top, in case you are worried about getting stabbed when you get something out of the drawer under the cabinet.  It was never a problem for us so I never did it, but it is a sure fix if you are worried.  Try it!  You'll like it!

No comments: