Monday, July 31, 2017

Over The Weekend

My sis, Mike, tries to come every other weekend in the summer when each of our schedules work out to do so. This past weekend was no exception. We got tons done, including marathon watching HGTV and the Food Network.

Because I live in Indiana, fireworks are legally set off for several weeks surrounding the 4th of July.  Chi is not a fan of that.  We have drugged her and she acts like a knucklehead and turns into a scary dog, looks wise.  I managed to capture that on Saturday night.

 

Mike was binding a quilt but Chai was not letting her do it.

I decided to go through some of my old quilts (20 plus years old) and either give them away (sans the labels) or make 12 inch quilts out of them.



Here are some of the cut up quilts that I managed to face over the weekend.  There are others in various stages of completion which I hope to finish in the next couple weeks.  I like my old work cut up and in a useable form.  It's a good thing.


1 comment:

Robbie said...

Years ago one of my BFF's (OK, I should have told you I have two other BFF's!!)...anyway, she took several of her quilts and made bags or fiber cards, etc. At first I thought...OMG!!! But then when I decided to do this is was so freeing!!!! In fact, that little zipper bag I made you was once a quilt! Besides...how many of these large quilts can we hang on walls, give away to our local library (mine are hung all over there! But it covers up the old walls). I bet you'll inspire others to cut their quilts up too!