Wednesday, August 02, 2017

Just Another Day

We had a big day yesterday with 'repair men'. First up was the beach garage door. It is our workout room that used to be first, a dye studio before I realized that I can't use salt due to being on septic. Then it was storage but used little because we had another storage room made under our three seasons porch. About five years ago, or maybe a little longer we had a rubber floor put in, mirrors, and free weights and machines and a treadmill put in. Working out is all well and good until you can no longer open or close the door. The door guy put in new ball bearings and other stuff and now it works like a charm. Next guy to come was the tree man. We have had a major change in our landscape this year and the last thing (I think!) is the beach tree, which looks like a honey locust and is so massive it hangs over our house and the neighbors. It needs to be trimmed. Lastly, Comcast came again because my fast forward, rewind and pause on my tv didn't work; it was just put in last Thursday and it took this long to get someone to come out and change the equipment out.  I was giddily clicking away last night.


 

And because I no longer like to be alone with repair men that I don't know, G came home early to protect me (ha ha ha).  He had time on his side and so cleaned up the beach that was very very messy from so many large waves bringing all sorts of junk from the lake bottom.  He rakes it together, digs a hole and burns the crap and then covers up the hole.  It's rather boy scout-ish, isn't it?



Our first ripe tomato from our tomato garden made it's way into our dinner or turkey burgers and barbecued potato chips.  Yum.

1 comment:

Robbie said...

Funny about the repair men...once, I had 'men' in the house..seems to me it was carpet cleaning or estimate for work or something like that...so I pretended I was talking to my 'husband' on the phone...of course, no one was on the other end! But made me feel better! HA We can be such wimps can't we!